Re: Re: Member's Only AMSAT.ORG - Update

----- Original Message -----
From: <k3io@xxxxt>
To: <amsat-bb@xxxxxx>
Cc: <wa6fwf@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 7:19 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Member's Only AMSAT.ORG - Update

> Kevin -- AMSAT is a volunteer organization, and the problem is that this topic hasn't risen to the too of the "see level". Thank
> you for pointing out that the volunteers "action item" list is flawed.
>
> At one point in your 2nd posting you stated:
>> I know that some members of the
>> BOD never wanted it in the first place...
>
> As a Board member, I would like to challenge that assertion. To my knowledge, you could not be more incorrect. In fact, the BoD
> wants the "Members Only" pages to become active ASAP, and we tried to address your concerns about inaccuracies by naming a "Truth
> Squad" of "Factoid Monitors". I am under the impression that this has worked. I hope you can provide some factual basis for any of
> your claims.

SNIP! So, since I have a very tough skin, lay 100% of your blame at my feet for having cast the AMSAT member data base into the
MessDOS computer environment that now only survives in fond(?) memories.

SNIP!

> 73 de Tom, K3IO (ex W3IWI)

Tom,
  I was in a conversation a long time ago with a BOD member, and we were discussing the Amsat-BB,Amsat remailer and the website, and
I was told
that although He did not speak for all the BOD members that there were some that did not want anything closed to the general ham
community, also
that there were core donors that wanted everything either open for all or not done. So maybe I misunderstood, maybe the BOD has
always wanted
a "members only" page,but I don't see how it can be "members only" and open to all.
   If you want the name and a general timeframe, you email me direct and I will give you it but I'm not going to put that person on
the
spot here... as a side note if  we still got to see the BOD minutes maybe there would not be any confusion, I could have read it and
seen what
the BOD's intentions were...

  My Factual Basis for the glossary is go look for yourself, it still has wrong things in it... at the very bottom I have included
the suggestions for changes
that I myself submitted to the "Truth Squad" of "Factoid Monitors" I have no idea if they used any of mine or not and I'm not
claiming those were the only
errors or not.

Now As far as you having thick skin and willing to take blame for all of this, to heck with that, Like I said I just wanted the
glossary fixed, the members only page only got involved because like the glossary it has been taking a long time (years) to get
going...

I don't want a blame fest, I just want it fixed.... So again I offer, give me access to the glossary and the new glossary, which
correct me if I'm wrong is finished,and I will go and fix it right now, and then we can put this to rest.

If we all spent 10%  of  our time actually fixing a problem as we do debating and arguing a problem, there would be no problems...

73 Kevin
WA6FWF

My message to the "team" that was going to update the Glossary