Re: Member's Only AMSAT.ORG - Update

On 4 Jul 2006 at 9:53, wa6fwf wrote:

>  My ongoing gripe revolves around Amsat and timeliness...
>
> Amsat says "WE ARE ROCKET SCIENTISTS"
>
> That implies they have a level of expertise above the norm...
>> I'm sorry but I have this mental quirk that if I'm am going
> to belong to a group that claims to be technical ,>

> And when Amsat comes knocking looking for money remind them
> that if they as a technical group had fixed technical inaccuracies
> that they would have had an extra $1200 dollars this year...and
> probably next...

>    At this point I'm am going to drop this quest to get anything
> incorrect on the website fixed (much to the relief of many of
> you I'm sure ),it's a lost cause it seems,no one cares...
> Amsat doesn't... the Members don't ...,So I guess why should I right???
>
>  73
> Kevin WA6FWF
>
> I still want to support Sats that we ALL can use, to that end I have
> joined another Amsat group and will fund them instead in the future.
> ----

When all theses aging " ROCKET SCIENTISTS" will leave us,  is AMSAT check if they will have a new
generation to replace them?

Could be we should speak about "a group that claims to be technical" instead of  " ROCKET
SCIENTISTS" don't be mistaken here i'm sure they are more skilled than you and me but it will be
easier to replace someone who claim to be technical than a ROCKET SCIENTIST.

On AO-51 which percentage of the satellite is Ham made versus commercial/industrial made? "That
implies they have a level of expertise above the norm..." could be! lets see is someone come up
with answers here?

"And when Amsat comes knocking looking for money"  "I still want to support Sats that we ALL can
use, to that end I have joined another Amsat group and will fund them instead in the future."

I follow exactly the same path minus 1200$... Some will say some losses are greater than other but
any organization who suffer any amount of membership losses is doomed and as usual in AMSAT we
cannot pointed anyone as it is a group lead by phantoms... Don't be mistaken again here Casper was
friendly one!

There is a lot of grand ma's but some sing this song "those boots are made for walking and not for
!!!" and they walked as some of the membership also walk their way out a system in which they are
no more believe in.

"-"
The medium is the message...The content is the audience...;)

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe