preamp questions

After moving last fall I am getting ready to put my satellite system back
up.  Over time I have collected different preamps and now am trying to
figure out the best one to use.  I am not too worried about the brand as I
have both the ARR and LANDWEHR units for both 2m and 70cm.

The question I am trying to figure out is which way is the better to go
...... coax feed power and switching (ARR) or the separate power type
(Landwehr).  There is not a lot of discussion about either way from both
camps, and I am sure it is one of those bar things like Ford or Chevy.

My IC970 has the coax feed OK but I would have to provide some sort of
sequencer for the Landwehr units.  I have not seen to many projects
regarding this part either so what do you normally use ?

But in the real world is there any difference in performance, and what is
the best method of sequencer to use.

Bill Booth VE3NXK
Sundridge ON, Canada
79.23.37 W x 45.46.18 N