Re: New Antenna

Bob,
In the May, 1992, issue of 73 Amateur Radio Today, there is an article
similar to this LPDA.  I built one and it works as advertised on two
meters.  I did not have means of lab checking results, but it worked
great for fox hunting and hanging in the attic as a dual band antenna
for my dual band HT.  I live about 17 air miles from the repeater site
and had no problems with hitting either VHF or UHF repeater with 5 watts
and even with 1 watt most of the time.  The pattern on UHF listening by
ear seemed similar to the VHF pattern claimed in the article, 25 degrees
at the half power points.

Do a GOOGLE on the author, Dave Koslow, by his call sign, N2KLK,  and
you will get a reference in some language other than American English
which you may be better able than I to translate.
Pictures and charts with dimentions are included in the site I found,
just could not understand it, if I did not have the xerox copy from 73
Mag.  in English in front of me.

I believe the antenna will cause severe desense when trying to use it
full duplex unless an external diplexer/two radio setup is employed.
There are many that do that working satelites handheld with two radios
to get full duplex.

Hope this helps!

73,
Jim
AMSAT #31517

ps:  Dave is listed in QRZ.COM at the same address, Fairlawn, NJ,  as in
1992, so he may be close enough for a phone call?