Re: New Antenna

Fred,
I'm curious how this antenna performs on UHF?
All the elements appear to be about 1/4 wave on 2m
and I dont see any taper to  shorter UHF elements?.

Presumably the elements are acting as 3/4 wave
elements on UHF, and I can understand how they
could be resonant, but I wonder how they can
also then have good forward gain, given that broadside
to a 3/4 wave antenna is usually not the peak gain direction.

But maybe you have come upon a working solution
that works "outside the box" of conventional thought
about log periodics and this could really be a neat
approach to dual band operation.

You ad mentions 9 dBi gain, but it does not specify
separate gains for VHF and UHF which usually are
different.  Can you clarify the two gains?
thanks.

Bob, WB4APR

>>> "Fred A Parker" <fparker@paulbunyan.net> 06/28/06 3:27 AM >>>
Sorry but Ebay pulled the first listing. Seems some antenna manufactures do
not like compatition.   My intentions on this project is.   After lengthy
discusion with Amsat oficials while working on the Eagle Modules was to try
and help to bring new satellite users a less exspensive means to get on the FM
Birds.   I relisted it again Per Ebay Rules.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250002570306
Sorry again.

Fred  KF0AK