Re: Elk antenna

I've been playing around with an Elk Antenna lately and have been very
happy with it. While I could not find a way to test is vs. the Arrow in
a completely controlled environment, in side-by-side very informal
testing, the two antennas are quite good.

Eventually I'll mount the Elk on a mast with a cheap horizontal rotator
and that will hopefully give me the pleasure of working satellites from
my shack, especially in winter and foul weather.

I even plan to take that Elk on a trip overseas, as it has less parts to
lose than the Arrow and size-wise, once taken apart it is virtually the
same as the Elk.

BTW, the antenna on eBay looks a lot like an Elk antenna, but for the
bottom part, the connector.

*Amir Findling*, 73 de K9CHP, Syracuse NY, member ARRL, AMSAT #36083

Coordinator, Senior K9 Handler Western New York SearchDogs, Inc
www.wnysearchdogs.org <http://www.wnysearchdogs.org>

NYS Federation of SAR Teams www.nysfedsar.org <http://www.nysfedsar.org/>
1st Special Response Group www.1srg.org <http://www.1srg.org>