RE: Arrow Cheap Yagi

Folks

> Kent Britain, WA5VJB,  has done some nice work on the Arrow antenna.
> He has discovered what appears to be a serious design fault.
>
> It appears the antenna element lengths are correct for elements that
> are not grounded to the conductive boom.

I have an article appearing in next month's UK rag, RadioUser, showing
details of the Arrow lookalike I made a few years ago here:
http://www.g6lvb.com/HomebrewArrow.htm. This uses good old fashioned wood
for the boom.

This antenna performs really well, at least as good as a real Arrow in my
experience, and I often do demos with this antenna. The Arrow is, however,
better from the point of view of convenience (eg, the split boom and
in-handle duplexer).

73, Hwoard G6LVB