Arrow Cheap Yagi

Kent Britain, WA5VJB,  has done some nice work on the Arrow antenna.
He has discovered what appears to be a serious design fault.

It appears the antenna element lengths are correct for elements that are
not grounded to the conductive boom.  Unfortunately,  those metal
elements in contact with the metal boom do not qualify!  That is as much
as I will say because Kent is going to publish a cheap yagi variant
except to say this much,  this would be easily correctable if only the
max gain or max F/B were lower in frequency than required.
Unfortunately,  it is quite a bit higher..   I love Britain's work.  It
is demonstrative of what one can do with inexpensive materials and some
mental exercise.

At last measurements,  the "Cheap but not Broken Arrow" weighed in at
quite a few dB better than the commercial Arrow on the satellite bands.

Kent is still publishing his CQ magazine family satellite articles and
we are attempting to get him to do more for the journal as well.

Bob
N4HY

--
Time for a new motto, what should I choose?