Re: AO-51 Field Day QRP?

It was working Saturday night. The Lynchburg Amateur radio Club was
running QRP with a D7A and Arrow antenna and we made one contact. The club
call is K4CQ. There was some not keeping with the QRP standard but I
expected that. We made our one contact and did not try again.

It was a hoot to operate the QRP setup. I was calling, a retired banker
was holding the external speaker, a lawyer was logging, and a retirement
home administrator was waving the Arrow Antenna around the sky. All this
in the middle of the night standing in the middle of the street in a
public park.

Thanks to all those we worked. We ended with 34 contacts and worked all
sats but SO-50. Even worked 2 contacts on AO-7 in mode B on one pass. The
10 meter loop was worth the effort.

Ain't satellite fun!

73's << John

> Was the QRP side of AO-51 working for Field Day?  I heard NOTHING on it,
> not even myself, while the "normal" side was very busy...
>
> And speaking of QRP, it sure sounded like a LOT of the users of the ISS
> crossband repeater weren't running QRP...
>
> George, KA3HSW

<<<<<      N4QWF Amateur Radio Operator      >>>>>
<<<<< AO-7,AO-27,FO-29,SO-50,AO-51,VO-52,ISS >>>>>
<<<<<     Internet Email N4QWF@AMSAT.ORG     >>>>>
<<<<<         Formerly KC4AHW VK3FEZ         >>>>>
<<<<<           Amsat Member #27845          >>>>>
<<<<<     LON -79.25 LAT 37.45 Grid FM07     >>>>>
<<<<<   From the Foothills of the Blueridge  >>>>>