Yaesu GS5500 gone cookoo

Before I take down my GS5500 I wonder if anybody can share any information
on possible causes of the fault mine has, also "how to fix" info!
The azimuth unit seems to have started generating the wrong values to allow
my GS232 to correctly point my array. (more then 25 degrees out now)
Is this simply going to be the pot in the rotator?
Assume that I have checked cable resistance, connections, voltages.
Any details of repair info gratefully received on/off list.
73

Paul Luggar

M0SCI
Website WWW.M0SCI.CO.UK