D7AG full duplex?

Help!  I am trying to prove my D7AG will work full duplex, but not
having much luck.  Can someone give me directions on setting it up for
full duplex for use on Field Day for AO-51?  I have the frequencies in 5
channels (for doppler) already and have used the D7 half duplex.
Spoiled by the TS2000X, I want to hear myself coming back through AO-51
with the D7.

My test tonight was to push the duplex button, then trying to hear
myself on the local repeater, 13/73.  I hear the squelch tail and others
on the machine, but never did I hear myself.  What am I not doing correctly?

Thanks in advance!

73,
Jim