Re: CAT and the TS-2000

Hello Jim,
the program updates the frequencies internally due to the changes of the
Doppler shift every second as can be seen in the SatPC32 frequency window.
However, it does not update the radio's frequencies once per second. That
would be unnecessary and would take too much system time, particularly with
ICOM radios which require a delay between the single CAT commands.  The
program updates the radio's frequencies as soon as the Doppler shift of the
higher of both frequencies changed by a certain amount of Hertz (=
'interval').
The interval can be set separately for FM and SSB satellites in the menu
'CAT'. With SSB sats it should be about 50 - 100 Hz. With FM sats 500 Hz are
fully sufficient due to the wide FM filters. (Default values are 100 Hz for
SSB sats and 600 Hz for FM sats.)

To test the CAT steering set the CAT interval to a low value, say 20 Hz,
with an SSB sat like FO-29. Then observe whether both frequencies at the
radio
become updated when the Doppler shift of the Downlink (435 MHz) changed by
more than 20 Hz.

Also, you may change the satellite to see whether frequencies and modes are
changed correctly.

When you tune the VFO knob with an SSB sat  (with the radio's "TRACKing"
function disabled or set to the "wrong" direction) the program should update
the TX frequency at the radio about 1 second after you stopped moving the
knob. If that all works  CAT steering is ok.

A CAT delay of 20 at 57600 Bd. should also be ok.

73s, Erich, DK1TB