Re: No more IRCs?

Hi Eric!

> I went to the post office to mail a package today and inquired about
> IRCs.  They said they didn't sell them anymore.  I wonder if this is
> nationwide or just locally.  Anyone know?

USPS still sells them, for $1.85 each.  If your post office has any problems
with IRCs (trying to buy some, or use them for postage), refer them to the
USPS International Mail Manual.  Specifically, section 372 titled
"International
Reply Coupons".  You can read this online at:

http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/immc3_007.html#tuLZq11wats

The full manual is available at:

http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/welcome.htm

Everything you ever wanted to know about international mailing from the
USA using USPS.  :-)   Some post offices might not carry them if there is
no demand for them, so you might need to ask the postmaster or whoever
is in charge at your post office to get some in stock - or, if
possible, try another
nearby post office.

Note that the current IRCs expire at the end of 2006.  A new design has been
unveiled, and should be available later this year.  An image of what the new
IRCs will look like, valid through the end of 2009, is at:

http://www.dailydx.com/2007irc.jpg

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix, Arizona USA
http://www.wd9ewk.net/