Re: Re: Lunar Orbits

Hi William,

Although I am not directly involved with the SSETI ESMO project, I am fairly
certain that there is currently no intention by their communications teams
to request the use of frequencies in the amateur satellite service. I
understand that they are intending to use the normal Space to earth and
earth to space allocations around 2.0 and 2.2GHz for this short mission.

That said , I do not believe that we can afford to turn our backs on
University and other student groups if we wish our passion to carry forward
to future generations - we must encourage and embrace their enthusiasms.

At a recent SSETI ESEO workshop of about 60 students at least four of them
(not including the AMSAT-UK team) were radio amateurs already and at the
upcoming AMSAT-UK Colloquium we are expecting more than twenty University
students to attend ( not all of them will be sponsored).

So it is not really a "them and us" situation!

No doubt we can continue this debate during the various "attitude
adjustment" sessions planned for the Colloquium next month

best 73

Graham
presently SV/G3VZV/MM