From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On Behalf Of
Tom Wuellner
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 6:36 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Yaesu 736R satellite rig

Hi,
Can anyone please give me recommendations on the Yaesu
736R satellite rig? I want to know what people think
about this rig? Is it dual VFO? Is it capable of doing
odd splits?
 I know someone who has a 736R. He says it is all in
pieces and if I were to put it all together then he
would let me try it out. Then if I was interested, I
could buy it from him, perhaps at a descent price. He
has the modules for 6 meter, 220 and 1.2 gig as well
the std config of 2 mtr and 440.
How is this for a first Sat Rig?
Thanks Tom W.
http://mail.yahoo.com