Re: Yaesu 736R satellite rig

Tom Wuellner wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone please give me recommendations on the Yaesu
> 736R satellite rig? I want to know what people think
> about this rig? Is it dual VFO? Is it capable of doing
> odd splits?
>  I know someone who has a 736R. He says it is all in
> pieces and if I were to put it all together then he
> would let me try it out. Then if I was interested, I
> could buy it from him, perhaps at a descent price. He
> has the modules for 6 meter, 220 and 1.2 gig as well
> the std config of 2 mtr and 440.
> How is this for a first Sat Rig?

For years the 736 has been the standard by which almost all other
satellite radios are compared.  I have one and am extremely happy with
it.  Yes, it will do odd splits and it has dual VFO.  You don't display
both at the same time, but they can be set to either operate
independantly, or track direct with each other, or inverse with each other.

Highly recommended.

--
73