Re: Preamp / SWR issue

Hello Nate,
   not a problem at all, I think we were both "talking" the same thing,
I saw the prime example on AO40 and L band even with new quality
coax, half the power 3db was lost in the coax run... but I could tolerate
the loss, but if that was EME and a lot more power the loss would still
only be 3db but the actual wattage that the coax would absorb would
be huge and coax heating becomes a issue...
hardline, remote amps and short runs start looking real desirable...

73
Kevin WA6FWF
Amsat-UK #6505

SNIP!.

> You can demo what I'm meaning by this by modeling a 1W transmitter into some known lossy cable and then a badly matched antenna,
> and then doing the same numbers at 100W.  You can see how the curve gets real ugly, fast.

SNIP!