From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On Behalf Of Paul Piong
Sent: June 13, 2006 3:06 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] UofM Satellite Project

Hi all,

My name is Paul, KD8DPV and I was referred to this list by a friend of mine,
Chris KA8WFC. I'm working on the Tethered SATellite Testbed (TSATT) project
in the University of Michigan, and I was told that this list was a good
resource for transmission/telemetry related issues. We are currently
thinking of using the Amateur band for communicating with our
nano-satellite, as opposed to using the S-band, however I'm wondering if
there are any restrictions or conflicts with current AMSAT operations in our
area (Ann Arbor, MI). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

73,
Paul KD8DPV