RE: Re: HT of choice?

My experience with Kenwood TH-D7E is wonderful.
Whith a single whip antenna and the bare 5 watts on
overhead passes I can work easily ECHO and SO-50 and
few months ago AO-27.
In addition you have a TNC for working APRS via
PCSAT-2 or NO-44 just without any increase in your
budget.
IMD response is fine on both VHF and UHF as long as I
have tested. I use to operate close to a rather
"crowded" area at Madrid full of V and U repeaters and
never experienced any problem.
I hope my opinion could help.

Best 73.
EA4DUT, Angel