May/June AMSAT Journal

Everyone,

I want to let you know that the May/June issue of the Journal is going to be
a bit late (again). My company transferred me somewhat unexpectedly (but
it's good!) and I have not had any time to work on the Journal at all during
the process of moving over the last 3-4 weeks. I am finished with my move
now (except for some new furniture deliveries and one of my cars) and am
unpacking. I still don't have high-speed Internet service, and won't until
next weekend, but will do my best to get the next issue edited and to the
printer even if I have to let the upload run all night on a slow connection.
I apologize for the publishing delay but it's unavoidable due to my
relocation.

Thanks to all the contributors to the Journal. They help keep our group
publication an excellent one. I do have a number of interesting articles to
publish in the forthcoming issue. I should be able to begin final editing on
a number of them this evening. Editing is pretty much a three-person-band.
Bill Hook helps me immensely with text corrections once I get the editing
done. Of course Martha manages the printer and their printing process and
also the mailing process once the files are uploaded to the printer. While
Lee Herterich doesn't do any actual editing work, he can help with ad
graphics if you would like to place an ad in the Journal.

BTW - I am happy about the transfer and am looking forward to living and
working in Florida. Can't wait to get to some hamfests down here. I'm in the
Ocala area.

Thank you again for your patience with these delays.

73,

Ed Long
WA4SWJ
Editor, The AMSAT Journal