=?UTF-8?Q?Re=3A_=5Bamsat-bb=5D_D700_TNC_Calibrate_mode_etc_=28II=29?=

   The full text of that last email.  Why does the server cut off text
   sometimes?  ~D
   Thanks for the answer about the frequency deviation. At least one
   parameter is getting nailed down.
   After a quick search I find that as of March 06 none of the past
   journal articles are online
   (http://www.amsat.org/amsat/archive/amsat-bb/200603/msg00093.html) but
   I can buy some of them on CD from AMSAT-NA
   (http://www.amsat-na.com/item.php?id=100034) but only back to '95.
   This seems like a circuitous route to solving my pressing problem.  I
   will try to get our lab to get a copy but hopefully I can find my
   answers here on this list.
   My most pressing question is, is there any major reason why my FSK
   radio cannot synch with the D700's calibration signal?   If I am
   slicing and descrambling my bits correctly, shouldnt I see a square
   wave? I suspect that somehow the modulations don't match.  The square
   wave should be a balanced signal so there wouldnt be any averaging
   drift problems. What are some other major roadblocks to look for in FSK