Re: 13 Satellite are amateur satellites

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Bruninga" <bruninga@usna.edu>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>; <hans@intekom.co.za>
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2006 12:15 AM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] 13 Satellite are amateur satellites

> The 70 cm amateur satellite band is 3,000 KHz wide.
> I just dont understand all the people complaining about a few
> 1 KHz wide telemetry beacons from a few new amateur
> satellite projects.  And even then, each such satellite is
> only in view for 4% of th e time.  THus the impact on the
> GREATLY UNDERUTILIZED amateur satelite band is less
> than 0.00001.  Surely there is something more productive
> to complain about than the hard work of some new
> amateur radio enthusiasts and their student projects.
>

> de WB4APR, Bob

Hi Bob, WB4APR

Radio Hams are not complaying about a few 1 KHz wide telemetry
beacons from the University projects.
Radio Hams or all the people as you says are very disturbed because
the Universities get governement funds to build and launch their
satellites and AMSAT is not !
Are AMSAT with AMSAT members and experimenter's Radio Hams
becoming an endangered species ? This is the point !

73" de

i8CVS Domenico