Re: 13 Satellite are amateur satellites

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Bruninga" <bruninga@usna.edu>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>; <hans@intekom.co.za>
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] 13 Satellite are amateur satellites

> >These are strictly speaking not amateur satellites but cubesats
> >built by Universities in the USA and elsewhere in the world.
>
> I think there might be a better way to say it.  I think maybe what
> was intended was something like this:
>
> "These amateur satellites are not the typical communications
> transponder satellites that the amateur radio community is
> accustomed to, but are experimental amateur satellites called
> cubesats built by students at universities..."

Hi Bob, WB4APR

If these experimental satellites are built by students at universities
for their experiments i.e. for purposes that are different from that
the amateur radio community is accumest to, than these satellites
are not amateur satellites.

For example read:

http://www.amsat.org.uk/iaru/informal_detail.asp?serial=33

about UNISAT3
Supporting: La Sapienza
A 12 kg Microsat launched with OSCAR ECHO intended to contain
a V/U FM transponder and 9k6 GMSK telemetry downlink

Contact person: fabio.santoni@uniroma1.it.nospam

And ask to him if they supply to you the telemetry software involving
you in their experiments and if  really or not a V/U FM transponder do
exist onboard of UNISAT3 and please let me know.

73" de

i8CVS Domenico