Re: Working my first sats

Hi Stephen:

To get your feet wet on FM satellites, a simple
dualband 2/440 roof top antenna Omni will work ok.
You will be able to work a few birds, during OFF hours
and Close passes, with a HT and a Zero "dBd" antenna.
Then if you like that portion of the hobby you can
upgrade later.  My first Space contact was with a
Yeasu 209RH HT with a 100 watt amp and a Ringo.
I talked to space station Mir, Musa Marinov( would you
belive it changed my life).
Also with a 1200 baud TNC you and do Unproto mode on
ISS with the same setup.

ISS tips
www.marexmg.org

73 and welcome to satellites.