Re: Re:13 Amateur Satellites to Launch in June

----- Original Message -----
From: "Trevor M5AKA" <m5aka@hotmail.com>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:35 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re:13 Amateur Satellites to Launch in June

> The reality is that the bulk of the Amateur Satellite Service allocations
> are empty.
>
> How many satellites do we have operating in
>    29.3 - 28.5  MHz
>   1260 - 1270 MHz
>   2400 - 2450 MHz
>   5650 - 5670 MHz
>   5830 - 5850 MHz
> 10450 -10500 MHz
> I won't even mention the higher bands!
>
> Most of the 3 MHz of spectrum allocated to the Amateur Satellite Service
> between 435 and 438 MHz is unused.
>
> If we do not find a use for our allocations then others will.
>
> 73 Trevor M5AKA

Hi Trevor, M5AKA

Indeed beginning from OSCAR-1 all amateur satellites carrying linear
transponders for CW and SSB communications to fill the above bands
following the IARU recommendations where built by AMSAT-NA ,
AMSAT-DL, JAMSAT in Japan , AMSAT-R in Russia, AMSAT-France
and AMSAT-India.

How many by AMSAT-UK ?

Best 73" de

i8CVS Domenico