Re: BE ON ALERT FOR WACHOVIA E-MAIL

This is a common type of "phishing" email intended to gather your
account info and then return some sort of innocuous looking "login
error" when you try to log into the site, but harvest and record your
username and password on the back end along with whatever else you
entered on the form.  If you look at the raw source of the email,
you'll find the link that looks like it goes to the bank's domain
actually goes to a random IP address or a domain somewhere in Korea
or Eastern Europe.  PayPal, eBay, Chase Bank, and a few other banks
like Wachovia are very frequent targets for this, I've gotten so many
trying to harvest my PayPal and eBay info that I've gotten tired of
forwarding them to the spoof/phishing contact emails for both.

It goes without saying that unless you're attempting to trace these
guys, you don't want to click through on any links in a suspicious
email.  My email client (Apple Mail) is pretty good about not auto-
worm-type mechanisms in some of these emails that take advantage of
other clients like MS Outlook.

Definitely worth keeping your wits about you .. and anytime you get a
notice like this, go to your browser and enter the address of the
bank MANUALLY and make sure it comes up with encryption (browsers
vary how they indicate this) and an "https://"; URL before entering
your login info ...