Re:13 Amateur Satellites to Launch in June

--- William Leijenaar <pe1rah@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Increadible how we can "give away" so many frequencies
>and launches.

Hi William, I wish we did own the launches but of course we don't !!!
But look at the orbit they are going into - about 500 km - that orbit is
very low - it is useless for Amateur DX working which is what most amateurs
want to do, we need 1500 km or higher orbits for that. At 500 km the sats
orbit will also decay fairly rapidly.

Our current Amateur Radio Satellite builders are aging. We will need a new
generation of Builders to take their place. I'm sure these will come from
the ranks of those who were introduced to satellites through University
Projects. We need many more University projects like these.

Note that collaborative ventures do take place, see ESEO - The European
Student Earth Orbiter http://www.uk.amsat.org/

>Just my opinion,
>I better go on with my linear-transponder for the next
>available ham satellite opertunity :o)

I look forward to it. Have you managed to design a version of your
linear-transponder that will fit in a CubeSat ?

73 Trevor M5AKA
AMSAT-UK International Space Colloquium
July 28th to 30th at the University of Surrey in Guildford, England
Details at http://www.uk.amsat.org/Colloquium/