Re: Jumper Coax

I use LMR-400UF (about ten foot) to jumper around my eme az-el axes.  It is
used on 144, 432, and 1296 MHz.  The losses are high at the higher
frequencies but they are not much in short runs like ten foot around the
rotators.  I run 7/8-inch hardline up to the jumper for 144 and 1296, and
regular LMR-400 on 144 out to the individual antenna feeds (about 18-foot).
 On 1296 the jumper goes to a two-way divider with about 8-foot of 1/2-inch
hardline to each antenna feed.  On 432 I run 1/2-inch hardline up to the
jumper that runs directly to the single yagi (about 15 foot long).

One thing a person should take care in is securing the connectors ends of
the flexible section so that the sealing is not physically stressed during
rotation (if strain is not secured that can lead to ingress of moisture at
those connectors and eventual degradation).
 73's Ed - KL7UW

At 06:51 PM 5/30/2006 -0400, Andrew Glasbrenner wrote:

>I use LMR-400 Ultraflex...good stuff, and available lots of places now
that sell or build wi-fi systems.