Re: Antenna Performance

Bruce

There are many different kinds of black paint.
The composition of which can cause heating of the antenna.
I say that in an attempt to recognize the final temperature of the
antenna proper.
You may need to address the temperature of that antenna in the
summer,(plastics)
Hiding the antenna from the neighbors : black may be good at night unless
the antenna background
is not dark.
Conversely black may provide a high contrast image in the daylight
making it easier to see.
All of the above may go out the window if your neighbor has a infrared
viewer
Think of making the antenna the same color intensity as the background
for daylight.

Just some things to consider

Joe K0VTY