Re: Help with finding COM 1

USB to serial converters are weird.  For some things they work out
OK, but not all properly handle the various rs-232 signals.

A better solution is to get a PCI serial card for the machine and
install that.  They aren't expensive, and sometimes come with
other things.  I believe the last one I saw was around $22.  Put
that in, and you'll have a real COM port.

--STeve Andre'
wb8wsf  en82