Re: Help with finding COM 1

Don't blame just HP. Most systems no longer include com ports. It is
assumed that all you need is USB or Firewire. However, there is an
answer. I have found that most applications work well with the USB to
serial adapter cables. I use them here now since I lost a serial port
due to lightning. It works on most everything I've tried those far. The
units are not very expensive. I have found them on-line for $7.00 to
$25.00 and found the inexpensive ones to work as well. Some of the more
expensive units can support multiple com port emulation.

Regards,

Reid, W4UPD