Re: WD9EWK from Dayton (18-22 May 2006) - long

Hi Stefan!

By the way, did you ever get my QSL card and SASE?  ;-)

> Great job. Keep it up and let us know how the mobile SSB/CW project goes.

The sad part about this is that I had the one thing I'm missing.  I had an AOR
AR-8200MkII all-mode wideband receiver for a few years, until I sold it in early
December - just before I started working the FM satellites.  Now I have to get
something to replace it, and then I can give the SSB/CW satellites a proper
try.

> Out of curiosity, any new satellite stuff or announcements form vendors at
> Dayton?

Nothing specifically for satellites that I saw.  I asked someone at the smaller
Icom booth (not the one in the arena, but in another hall near Yaesu's booth)
about the IC-91 HT and if it was capable of full-duplex cross-band operation.
I was told "no", but I was also told that a replacement for the IC-W32 should
be out in "2 or 3 months".  This new HT is supposed to have the same
functionality as the IC-W32, but the gentleman (someone from Icom Canada,
I forget his name/call but he was from Vancouver) didn't mention what the
model number was for this new radio.  Maybe this will show up at the big ham
convention in Tokyo in a few months?

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix AZ
http://www.wd9ewk.net/