RE: Yaesu Azimuth Clamp

Ron take a look at my website and look at the antennas link. All that mess
is on a Yaesu
G1000SDX. The rotor originally comes with a bolt to go through the mast pipe
and the
upper clamps to keep the mast from slipping. I broke about 3 of these bolts
and finally
I drilled a second hole and put in two bolts. The mast has not slipped and
nothing has
broken since this was done about 3 years ago. We get some mean winds up
here. I have
absolutely no protection from winds out of the SouthWest where most of the
really bad
storms come from. I just keep the antennas turned into the wind as best I
can. I did have
the PRO57B Mosley slip on the mast about 40 degrees and just got it back in
line a week
or so ago.                www.k0az.com

K0AZ  Mike Sanders
18169 Highway 174