From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of Ronald Long
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:15 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Yaesu Azimuth Clamp

I have had trouble holding position with the Yaesu 5400 cast azimuth clamps.
I am thinking of drilling a 1/4 inch hole through the center of the clamps
and my aluminum mast (2"od and 0.25"wall) and putting a stainless bolt
through. I suppose this somewhat weakens the casting and would have to be
careful not to tighten the bolt too much as I think there is a gap between
the casting and the pipe at that point.

Has anyone done this or do you have any advice?

thanks, ron w8gus