Re: Online Satellite Pass Predictions

--- Dave Guimont <dguimon1@san.rr.com> wrote:

> We have to attract more people that are interested in AMATEUR
> SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS and not just those that go down to
> the radio store, buy an HT, get on an FM satellite;
> claim amateur satellite proficiency.

Lemme see if I have this correct Dave.  A guy with an Arrow and HT
struggles with the following...

   - Attempts to keep on track with regard to azimuth.
   - Attempts to keep on track with regard to elevation.
   - Has to make an occasional polarization correction.
   - Has to deal with Doppler with regard to frequency.
   - Has to deal with callsign & grids

But he has no satellite proficiency.  Do I have this right?

*** What do you deal with on the SSB/CW birds Dave that these
    FM ops don't.  Just curious.

P.S.  FYI .. I do not use a HT for satellite work but applaud
      those who do.

73, Gary  -K8KFJ-
West Virginia
AMSAT #32574