Re: Online Satellite Pass Predictions

At 02:27 PM 5/22/2006, Bob wrote:

>I think it attracts people to our pieceof the hobby without them
>having to first spend money to join.   I view this as a service we
>provide people around the world irrespective of their ability to pay
>for an AMSAT membership.  I can easily see someone printing out a
>few days satellite passes down at the local internet cafe or school
>or library and not be able to otherwise afford to get these
>predicts.  I hope we are able to keep this out in the open.
>
>Bob
>N4HY

I could not agree more, Bob....We have to attract more people that
are interested in AMATEUR SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS and not just those
that go down to the radio store, buy an HT, get on an FM satellite;
claim amateur satellite proficiency.

If so our treasury should be burgeoning with money from new
operators, and contributors to an AMATEUR COMMUNICATIONS
SATELLITE.... If we are,I have seen no reports to that effect...

Good pics from Dayton, Bob, wish I could have made it.., and Leanore
and I will really boost up the age group in Foster City!!  I'm going
to try and convince Harley Gabrielson to join us there..... Not too
many young faces in all those fine pics!!

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....

               Pulling for P3E...