Re: SL-137 Manual Request

Snip!>
> Truthfully, with software and scanner/receiver advances lately, and the
> impending demise of 137 mhz APT transmissions...I wouldn't spend a lot of
> money on proprietary software and equipment when you can do just as well
> with a 137 mhz scanner or receiver...Just my opinion...
>
> Roger
> WA1KAT

Snip!

Hi Roger,
   I'm not sure I would use the word "impending", NOAA-D was launched in
1991 and it became NOAA-12 which is still active at times today, NOAA-N'
is not due to launch until 2008 and avoiding any major problems if it is around
even half as long we will have POES service well past 2011.
  There was some talk that the last of the NOAA's might  be digital only, I do not
know if there is any fact in that, even if it true, NOAA-18 is alive and well
and I would expect it to be around past 2011 also...

73
Kevin WA6FWF
Amsat-UK #6505