Re: SL-137 Manual Request

Heather wrote:
> I picked up an SL-137 Weather Fax Receiver made by Quorum Communications
> at the Smiths Falls flea market. It is a beige box with a power LED on
> the front. On the back is a DB9 serial port and VHF and UHF ports.
>
> I have emailed Quorum and received no response. There is no
> documentation anywhere on the Internet, so far as I can tell.
>
> Can anyone help me out with a manual?

While there's no direct reference to an SL-137 receiver, there's a
manual for the Wefax Voyager reciever at

   http://www.qcom.com/datasheets/voyman.pdf

Given that the antennas and auxiliary equipment for this receiver all
have a "137" product number, the Voyager may be closely related to the
SL-137...physically it seems to match your description, although it does
add a port for HF audio.

The trick may be getting a copy of QFAX and getting a computer that will
run it.

73 de Maggie K3XS
Editor, Phil-Mont Mobile Radio Club Blurb - http://www.phil-mont.org
Elecraft K2 #1641