Re: Predict 2.2 and LVB Tracker issue

Howard Long wrote:

> BTW, either I'm getting senile or Linux is not getting any easier!

Maybe your standards are rising :)   I know mine are.  The Microsoft
people work very hard at getting the installation of hardware right, and
expectations have risen accordingly.  Remember when we used to have to
fool around with those stupid jumpers and set IO port settings in the
.ini files?

What are you trying to install it on?  Most Linux distributions are
pretty good on common hardware (although I still can't figure out how to
get my Audigy 2 soundcard to record).  The  Knoppix "live" CD is one of
the best at getting your hardware detected and running.

In general, one should make sure to buy hardware that is compatible with
the operating system.  Take Windows.  Ever try to install XP on a Sun
Ultrasparc?  It does not work too well ;)

-Joe KM1P