Re: Use of Amsat and Phase 3E logos?

mat_62@netcommander.com writes:

I was  wondering what constitutes permissible use of the Amsat  or the
Phase  3E logo's?
I print my own QSL cards here on the computer and have a couple  of sat
contacts awaiting return cards. I was trying to come up with a  satellite
theme for my cards and thought of the logos.
If I print the  logos on cards intended solely for my own personal use
and don't look to  profit from them in any way, would that be
permissible?  I don't want  to do something illegal or step on anyone's
toes so I thought I would  ask.
Tnx and 73,
Michael, W4HIJ
AMSAT #  36017

Hi Michael.

Several years ago I operated from The Gambia in west Africa and made abt  200
QSOs on AO-13 and AO-10.  I produced a QSL card showing the Logo  celebrating
the 25th anniversary of AMSAT.  I just e-mailed AMSAT and asked  for
permission.  I received a note saying OK within 24 hrs.

I'm looking forward to some more trips like that when we get P3E / Eagle  and
SSETI ESEO in a couple of years.

73

David  ex  C56/G0MRF