RE: New to ssb birds, IC706 vs FT897D

Paul,

You might wish to join the FT-857D Yahoo Group. They're very helpful
and, in my humble opinion, a wee bit more enthusiastic than the 706
Yahoo Group. The really ambitious group is the FT-817 bunch! Other than
blown finals, who's cause is being discussed and likely the cause, they
enjoy being the Davids in a Goliath world.

Personally, after belonging to all 3 groups and listening to their
opinions on the rigs (in general), for now I can't justify the extra $$
for a 706. Great radios, just not better enough to merit the extra
expense for my purposes. I'm sure you'll find 857D owners in their group
who work SSB birds.

73s
Joe WB3CFN