Re: ARISS antennas on Columbus

On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 09:35:27PM +0100, Trevor M5AKA wrote:
> I believe Columbus is scheduled to go up on Expedition 118.

The "Expedition" prefix refers to the crews that occupy the Station. The
current crew is Expedition 13, consisting of Commander Pavel Vinogradov,
RV3BS, and Flight Engineer Jeff Williams, KD5TVQ.

The Shuttle missions are prefixed STS for "Space Transportation
System". STS-118 will perform station assembly flight "13A.1" (another
numbering scheme -- my understanding is that the number is a sequence
number, the "A" means that it's an American component/launch, and the .1
means that the original flight 13 was divided into two components --
perhaps Ken N5VHO could correct me if I'm wrong). That assembly flight
STS-118/13A.1 is listed as delivering the starboard truss segment (S5)
and additional cargo.

The Columbus module will be launched on assembly flight 1E, according to
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/structure/iss_manifest.html

The last schedule that I saw indicated that Assembly Flight 1E would be
on STS-122, that was listed as No-Earlier-Than (NET) June 14, 2007.
See the second chart at http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/content/?id=4332
Of course, that schedule may have been revised again since then, but I
haven't seen any updates.

73,
-Daniel, VA3KKZ