Re: Fw: XBAUD on PCSAT2 works !

>I tried "C PCSAT2" in order to activate the
>PSK31/CW transponder but I did not notice
>any change in the sat.  What is the expected
>behaviour after the connect ?

You should have heard the 435.275 MHz downlink
transmitter come on full time but with only a slight
amount of audio noise from the 10m 29.4 MHz uplink
receiver.  At that point, try transmitting on 10m
and see if you can be heard.

>Any command to be given after the connect ?

No, the CONNECTED LED on the onboard TNC is what
we are using to turn on the PSK-31 transponder, so
from that point on, the AX.25 link is not involved.
But you do need to maintain the connection.  With no
activity, it will time out 1 minute later.

>Should there be a constant 'sound/noise', does
>pcsat2 go in transmit simply relaying what it hears
>on 29.401 ?

Yep, that's it.

>Would be nice to get at least once a CW signal
>through before PCSAT2 gets back to earth !

Yes, When we started, only 4 watts were needed
to get in.  Then by the end fo 4 weeks or so, it
was taking 100W.  We have not heard anyone
making any reports since then.  BUt we would love
to hear someone with high power give it a try and
let us know the result.  CW, PSK-31, Voice,
anything.

Bob, Wb4APR