Re: S-band

In addition to the suggestions you have already have,   what is the
802.11 situation in your vicinity?

Also,  I regularly use a piece of "HF" equipment

http://www.elecraft.com/mini_module_kits/mini_modules.htm

all the way through 3.4 GHz and tune for maximum smoke (gain) below the
frequency of interest in an attempt to get the best NF at the right spot
which is usually above the frequency giving max gain.  Anyway,  I like
this tool.

Bob
N4HY