From: Robin Callender [mailto:robin_callender@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, 7 May 2006 10:20 AM
To: amsat bb
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: Illegal cordless phones (was Interference on
AO-51)

Hi George,
So far, I have reviewed a handfull of the eBay listings for these phones.
None of the ads I've read indicate any operations within the 2-meter range
proper.  From reading the specs from the eBay ads from one of the many
listing for what appears to be the most advertised model --

    Base; 11W. Frequency range; TX 133 - 136MHz. RX 233 - 236MHz.
    Handset; 0.6W. Frequency range; TX 233 - 236MHz. RX 133 - 136MHz.

I don't see where either of these sets of ranges would appear to be
conflicting with AO-51.
How is the interference on AO-51 tied to these cordless phones?
Am I missing something?

73s
Robin Callender  KE7ARL