Re: S-band

Hi Tony, here are a few ideas about your S band issues...

S-band is VERY sensitive to foliage. Are you in the clear as far as trees or other obstructions?

Could there be some other 2.4 ghz interference? Nearby WIFI access point, XM/Sirius terrestrial repeater, Cordless phone, video system?

I was going to suggest polarity fades, but that should be minimal with the helix. Polarity could be an issue with the corner reflector. I'd be curious if you have similar problems listening to a local low level signal source like a simple xtal generator or cheap plain FM cordless phone, if so that would suggest it's an interference issue.

Good Luck!

73, Drew KO4MA