Re: Why do satellites?

On 2 May 2006 at 22:19, Dave hartzell wrote:

> Why?
>
> Because sats are "beyond the ionosphere"...they represent that "next step"
> beyond the technology developed in the late 1800s...
>
> Working sats put me into the realm beyond the Earth, to a place that I have
> only dreamt of visiting.
>
> And because space represents that "next frontier" that man is attempting to
> endeavor.
>
> Amateurs have a place in the Great Beyond...it is not a place meant just for
> a few select astronauts, but for all mankind.
>
> dave
> N0TGD

If you want a PEP talk about future of HAM satellites i recommend you to get the AMSAT DL P3E and
mars mission DVD presentation. It is available in German English, french(Here the word
"international" get his full sense...) and you can get it on the AMSAT DL web site. It is a bit
hard to find but i give you the direct link to the page go at the bottom end of the page.

A marvelous presentation that i will show at our next club meeting and could be at the Quebec
Provincial Hamfest on sunday may 28.

Here is the link.

http://www.me-blanz.de/amsat/vertrieb/english.htm

"-"
"It is not the class of license the amateur holds, but the class of the amateur that holds the
license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583
Skype VE2DWE