Re: Interference on AO-51

Thanks for the recording Reinhard.

The use of the tone is an issue I intend to investigate further as time allows. It will not prevent QRM on the uplink however...it only masks it's source. The offending signals will still be there and capable of interfering with your uplink, only with the tone enabled you won't hear them. We have the same problem here, only sometimes it is amateurs operating out of the bandplan and we can sometimes get a callsign and contact them. That's something that cannot be done with the tone enabled.

Just a point to ponder.

73, Drew KO4MA