Re: Tax on Arrow Antennas?

Actually .. this is interesting, because it sounds like it's BATFE-
related.  Some types of weapons are regulated partially by taxes ..
see National Firearms Act of 1934 and the 1968 GCA.  I wasn't aware
that they were regulating arrows this way as well, but it makes a
certain weird sort of sense .. pretty far offtopic here except that I
seriously doubt anyone intended to tax antennas, regardless of their
brand name .. ;-)

On May 2, 2006, at 8:54 AM, Reicher, James wrote:

> Bob,
>
> You either have WAY too much free time or you're really hard up for
> reading material.  I know from personal experience just how dry
> reading
> IRS pubs are!
>
> There's two considerations here:
> 1.  Arrows antennas use booms and elements, not shafts, so there
> shouldn't be any tax on them.
>
> 2.  Wouldn't tax on an Arrow short out the coax or otherwise mess with
> the radiation pattern?
>

> 73 de N8AU, Jim in Raymore, MO

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]