Re: Tax on Arrow Antennas?

Ed said....

>As I read through you e-mail I remembered a >line attributed to Mark Twain:

>"God created man because he was >disappointed with the monkey".

>The arrow tax kind of sums it all up.....

Ed....

Actually the taxes on hunting and sporting items are designed to fund many
of the wildlife management programs which the federal government doesn't
seem to have the money to cover. The taxes collected from the sale of these
items are use for this sole purpose and don't go into the general funds for
pork belly projects.

This is the purest form of tax, the users of the product are the ones who
pay for it.

To get this back on track, has anyone heard of APRS tracking animals, either
locally or via satellite? It seems that with the small GPS / transmitter
packages available nowadays, this would be a possible use.

Is there a difference between putting a GPS / APRS transmitter in a free
floating buoy or putting it on my dog who disappears every morning? (except
of course you probably have more control over the buoy ;-)

Just musing...

Roger
WA1KAT